Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I work out!

   Are you ready to start working on that wedding dress body? I've been trying to start getting active and watching my diet again, so by the time our wedding rolls around, I can be in perfect shape for the honeymoon ;)

   I had a great experience with the "No Junk Food Diet" that I formulated on my own, with some help from various other slimming down secrets online, in magazines, and (of course) Pinterest. This particular diet was pretty easy to follow and gave me results quickly when paired with a weekly routine, that I'll share in a bit. Although it's not everyone's dream diet, where you can eat whatever you want and not think twice about those delicious looking snacks, it's still pretty easy to follow.

Stay away from:
Cake
Muffins
Fast food
Chocolate
Candy
White bread
Caffeine
Ice cream
Cookies

   This was easy, other than the fast food for me. But I made it work! Chicken is so easy to throw on the grill, so it quickly became my friend. Paired with this, I did light weights every day, alternating between upper body and lower body workouts. I also would spend 3.5 miles, about 15 minutes, on the recumbent bike, and then walk for another 15 minutes to cool down and stretch out a bit. This was working, but I got bored very easily, so now- I'm kicking it up a notch.

   My fiance is in such good shape- he plays basketball and lifts weights for at least 4 hours every day and he has a very high metabolism. Yes, I'm rolling my eyes at his athletism, which has blessed him with an eight pack. So, I asked him to help me come up with a few different workouts to keep me excited about working out. He created a 20 minute interval system for me, then I chose the NFL cheerleader workout that's been haunting me on Pinterest, and Zumba. These three workouts (each twice a week), paired with an extra 10-15 minutes of cardio and a clean diet are sure to give me some great results :)

   I'll keep you posted on my progress! Wanna join me? Just shoot me an email and let's do this!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment