Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wedding Chaos

I cannot stress enough how important it is to not get worked up or overwhelmed when (not if) something does not go as you imagined that it would. This advice comes from me doing the complete opposite when we had a minor hiccup with our venue. I will go into that in a second, but for now I will just tell you not to let things freak you out! In the end, you will still be marrying your honey and I promise that your guests will never know if any misshaps occurred during the process. Keep a smile on and remember that things always have a way of working out.

Our wedding planning nightmare
   After choosing our venue, we were so excited to have our first meeting with the coordinator that was provided through the venue. We enthusiastically discussed our vision and the important aspects of our day, while the coordinator wrote down what she thought was necessary and tried to talk over our ideas. This was very discouraging and left us with thoughts of if we should choose another venue or even elope! We were too in love with the venue to leave, so we bit our tongues and continued on our road to newly weds :)
  Before our second meeting, some questions arose and we tried contacting our coordinator, who was always "busy at the moment," which again, made us kind of uneasy. After weeks of calling, we were finally set up with a second meeting (thank goodness, right?). We arrived at the venue for the meeting and a woman who we didn't recognize came to greet us and tell us that we would be meeting with her. I looked at my fiance like, what the heck is going on? Shortly after, the new woman informed us that our original, rude planner had been let go and that we were now going to have to start over. This meant answering the same vision questions, menu questions... etc. Overall, it took the magic away from our thoughts and expectations, or so I thought.

Months later, here we are with our planning nearing complete, in love with our choices and feeling that wedding magic again. I thought it was a jinx or something! but in the end, I look at my fiance and realize that we could be anywhere, any time, with any coordinator, and I will still be just as excited and blessed to be marrying this man. Take a breath! Things always iron themselves out, just be proactive and patient with all involved.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I love event planning and made a blog/twitter, too! Let's see where it takes us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete